Monday, June 06, 2011

New York, New York!

Gosh, I didn't realize that it has been nearly a year since I last updated my blog.. NOT Good. But then I guess it is good that I am sitting here now and posting.

It has been a great year so far this year after probably one the worst years of my life last year. I was glad to see the year click to 2011!

I took my annual trip to New York a couple of weeks ago to attend the National Stationery Show and Surtex (a Licensing Show) Here I am with my fabulous agent Renee from Penny Lane Publishing in front of the panel of my work.




I walked the show for two days and took an excellent seminar on Trends presented by a panel of experts. SOO much to see and learn. I really do love this trip, even though this year it was cold and rainy. I still managed to do the things I wanted and spent LOTS of time walking, both in and out of the show. In one area of the show there was a display of dresses crafted completely from paper.. Fascinating!



On the last day my flight wasn't until 6 pm so walked about 37 blocks to the Guggenheim. I often take in a museum when I'm there and I had never been to the Guggenheim before. They had a retrospective show going on which was absolutely fabulous. Of course the building itself was worth the walk to see. I had seen it before from the outside, but the inside was even more spectacular!







I thought I might take a taxi back to the hotel, but I had plenty of time, it wasn't raining and I knew I'd be sitting on a plane for a few hours, so I walked back through Central Park. All in all, a great day and a wonderful trip!! The calligrapher in me had to pause and marvel at the lovely stone carved bench ;)



2 Comments:

Blogger letterlady said...

Almost a year, but worth the wait. Great post! I loved seeing the bench in Central Park. Would love to know more about the trends.

2:19 PM  
Blogger debra said...

Hi Terri, I enjoy reading your blog. I'm glad you're posting again! I just signed up for your class online. I need something to keep me going creatively over summer, so this is perfect. Even though you don't know me, I've followed you from time to time intrigued by your enthusiasm and fearless exploring in the art world. At 60 and feeling like I'm rewriting my life I need all of the living examples of women who are working from the hearts. So, thank you!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home