Sunday, October 08, 2006

Life and times

I have been threatening to update everyone with what's been going on here in the Ozarks, and I FiNaLLy have a moment. Life has NoT slowed down for a moment since I returned from the Lettering Arts Conference. Deadlines, more deadlines and then some. Look for LoTs of new and exciting things on the shelves of your favorite stores soon. More on that to come.

In mid September my parents made the big move from Hawaii to an assisted living place just a few miles from us. I am very happy to have them so close. It's taking the Beauty Queen a little while to adjust, but she is slowly beginning to enjoy her new life. The first order of business was to outfit their apartment with new furniture and all the accessories. I'll get a picture soon. I've been taking videos, but no stills. silly me!

Last night was Daddy's birthday. We had planned to go to a nearby steak house, just a mile down the road from their apartment. Gaskins Cabin must have awesome food.. they will only take reservations for 7 or more people, otherwise it's first come, first served. We figured with wanting to eat at 6 pm, that shouldn't be a problem. Well, when we pulled into the parking lot, there were hoards of people milling about. I rushed in to get our names on the list, only to find there was a two hour wait! YiKeS! By then it was 6:15, so I called the Horizon Restaurant and they said they weren't taking any reservations until 7 o'clock. Okay. We want a 7:00 reservation. It was about a half hour drive from where we were, so it all worked out. We still got to have steaks and they were Delicious!!!!!

We had LoTs of fun and laughter, watched the sun set over the lake, enjoyed our meal, our waiter and each other!

As for Gaskins Cabin-- we will return on a quieter night. Wednesday is prime rib night. Jim and I have been wanting to go and now we have the perfect excuse!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home