Wednesday, January 12, 2005

searching for Grace


Grace
Originally uploaded by teriamartin.

i had in mind to share a piece of myself.
a piece i always share freely, except i say that i don't just tell anyone ; ) she is my muse.
it took me a long time to name her.
it took me a long time to realize that it was well beyond time to give her a name!
when it FiNaLLy came to me, it was like a light. you know, like the things that are right in fornt of that you never see....

anyway, through a series of writing sessions, i found her. she somehow managed to channel this book through me a couple of years ago. it may have been before i really knew her name. but now, this book, and my muse are my companions.

i went looking for pictures i had so i could share it with you. i opened my find window to do a search, when suddenly, i couldn't help but smile inside... the same as i am doing now. because i was searching for grAce.....

the photo below is the open book

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once upon a conference
you chose the sequence
From
Peace Ciaobiddy
To
Grace Shalom

HUGS
01.14.05

5:42 AM  
Blogger teri said...

i remember it like it was yesterday, dear friend.

Peace Ciaobiddy
and
Grace Shalom

with hugs! t.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! you don't know me, I have just recently started to recive your daily incourgment. I have visited your work sight and love your work and talent. This is not my area of talent and maby that is what draws me here. I find it rather intresting. I do have tho admint at first I trought you were going to use the name Grace becouse of the grace God gives, I still like yours.
Pease be yours
Elaine

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very curious.
I had to use a mirror to read the word Grace. It is written in reverse.
But the word between two Graces,"God" written in gold is not in reverse, it is in proper position.
Were Graces intentionally been reversed?

7:30 AM  
Blogger teri said...

wow, Gabriela! i'm impressed. No one has ever noticed that before. the reversing of the character wasn't exactly deliberate. I made this book in a class that I was taking at the 1999 calligraphy conference. The character for "Grace" is indeed reversed because it is a photocopy transfer. if I had access to a computer, i could have scanned it and reversed it. that way it would appear in the correct orientation when transfered.

The back cover of the book is the opposite of the front: "Grace" is stamped in the middle and the Spirit character is a photocopy transfer on either side, so it is backwards. i hope that makes sense!!

teri

1:03 PM  
Blogger teri said...

whooops! make that 2001 calligraphy conference : )

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home